Breakfast at Deer Brook is a culinary celebration! And it begins with two words, fresh and local. Made from scratch and always using the best local products from Vermont farmers when possible, we enjoy making a fuss over small details.
The Deer Brook Breakfast begins with a creative fruit dish. Voted a guest favorite, our Mixed Fruit Tower is a colorful blend of fresh blueberries, strawberries, peaches and kiwi topped with crème fraiche. Of course, accompanied by our own homemade granola and gluten free if desired. Here’s a sampling of other fun and seasonal first courses.
- Tuscan Melon Soup with ginger and lemoncello topped with fresh mint cream
- Reba’s famous Blueberry Parfait with fresh bananas, maple syrup, yogurt and lemon zest
- Baked Apricot and Pears with sliced almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon cream
We go the extra mile with our made-from-scratch Scones. Guest favorites include the yummy Cranberry Walnut Scone topped with an Orange Zest spread. Reba’s take on Alice Water’s Cheddar-Thyme Popovers is always a big hit. And Phil’s homemade Almond Ginger Biscotti beats the heckout of the Starbucks one – after all, the recipe is from the “Martha” collection!
We enjoy dishing up old favorites with a new twist and unique presentations. And, we always enjoy using product from local sources, including fresh eggs from the farm next door. From Egg soufflés to Belgian waffles, with side dishes like Apple-Maple Chicken sausage, every dish is made from scratch. And those who prefer a vegan breakfast or desire gluten free foods, we are eager to please. A sampling of breakfast entrees:
- Wonton Egg Tower with chives and cream cheese served with steamed asparagus and dill cream
- Peaches and Cream French Toast filled with local ricotta cheese and lemon curd topped with raspberry coulis
- Triple Vegetable Egg Souffle’ with leeks and green chilies served with garlic-herb polenta cake
- Tomato Basil Custard Pie served with smoked maple-pecan bacon
Happy Hospitality Hour at Deer Brook
Join us on the patio or great room for an afternoon celebration – always with complimentary hors d’ oeuvres and your favorite wine or craft beer. Featuring one of our local artisan cheeses, it’s a time to meet ‘n greet and share stories about the day’s adventure. It’s also a time for us to make dinner suggestions and reservations.
Food, Fun & Frills
The Deer Brook Kitchen is always the place for fun and action! Phil, Reba and Giselle (commonly known as The Three Kitchen Stoogies) are always cookin’ up joy and laughter behind the dining room door. On more serious days, they nose-dive into the inn’s library of recipe books or on-line to find the next recipe for testing. Phil highly recommends one particular recipe book, “8 Broads in the Kitchen”.