Byway – US Route 4, The Crossroad of Vermont. The location of the Deer Brook in Woodstock, VT is just 15 minutes west of the intersection of Interstates 89 and 91 and offers easy access to the many attractions and activities of central Vermont and the Upper Valley.
- From the East: Boston (146 mi, 2 hr 45 min), Manchester NH (92 mi, 1 hr 35 min) Take I-93 North. Merge onto I-89 North (crossing into Vermont). Take Vermont Exit 1 (Woodstock). See below.
- From the North: Montreal (192 mi, 3 hr 30 min), Burlington (100 mi, 1 hr 40 min) Take I-89 South to Vermont Exit 1. See below.
- From Hanover NH/Dartmouth (22 mi, 30 min) Take I-91 South to Exit 10N to I-89 North. Take Vermont Exit 1 (Woodstock). See below.
- From Vermont I-89 – Exit 1 Woodstock: Turn left onto Route 4W, continue approximately 10 miles into and through the Village of Woodstock. Continue on Route 4W and Deer Brook is located 4.0 miles west of the Village Green. You’ll pass the historic Lincoln Corners covered bridge on your left. The inn is about 2 miles further and on your right (north).
- From the West: Albany (130 mi, 2 hr 40 min), Rutland (30 mi, 40 min) Take I-87N to Exit 24 to the Northway section of I-87 N to Exit 20 (north of Albany) onto Route 149E to Route 4N in NY. Take 4N to Whitehall, NY. Turn right onto 4E toward Fair Haven and Rutland, VT. (In Rutland you will be on Rte. 7N for a brief time.) Follow 4E through Rutland, Killington, and Bridgewater. Approximately 1.5 miles beyond the Bridgewater Mill, you’ll see the Deer Brook Inn on your left.
- From the South: New York City (270 mi, 5 hr), Hartford (150 mi, 2 hr 30 min) Take I-95N to I-91N. Take Exit 9 in Vermont. Turn left off exit onto route 12N. Continue on route 12N until you reach the blinking yellow light at Rte 4. Turn left onto Route 4W. Travel through the Village Woodstock past the Village Green. Approximately 4.0 miles west of the Village Green, find the Deer Brook Inn on your right. You’ll pass the historic Lincoln Covered Bridge on your left and we’ll be right up the road about 2 miles on your right